Today is your last chance to register for what is set to be a sell-out first Community Energy Congress!
With only four sleeps to go, the program is at the printers (and online and downloadable here), Mayor Arno Zengerle from the award-winning renewable energy village Wildpoldsried in Germany is on his way and almost 300 participants are getting organised to be at the opening session of the Community Energy Congress at the National Library of Australia (NLA) on Monday. Now is your last chance to be one of them, as seats are almost gone!
Community Energy Congress
16-17 June, 2014
National Library of Australia, Canberra
Click here to register!
An amazing program of events includes:
- Training sessions on essential skills for community energy on Sunday afternoon and Wednesday morning
- A fantastic social event 5.30-7.30 Monday 16th at the NLA organised by the South East Region of Renewable Energy Excellence and Solar Share
- Inspiring speakers including Ivor Frischknecht, Simon Holmes à Court, David Green and Mayor Arno Zengerle
- Political leaders including ACT Environment Minister Simon Corbell, NSW Environment Minister Rob Stokes, Shadow Federal Resources Minister Gary Gray and Greens Leader Senator Christine Milne
- The official launch of the Coalition for Community Energy. Find out more and register your interest to become a member by 1pm Tuesday 17th and go in the running to win a beautiful hamper – valued at $200 – and full of Capital Region and Australian goodies.
- Thirteen breakout sessions covering a huge range of topics essential to developing a successful community energy project and growing a vibrant community energy sector. Examples include – Making Community Solar Projects Happen, Policy Context, Show me the Money, Selling Energy, Not just Talking about Generation, Community Bioenergy and Hydro – How do we make it happen; and
- An opportunity to help shape a Australia’s National Community Energy Strategy on Tuesday morning – click here for a detailed invitation.
On behalf of the Congress Organising Team, Nicky Ison adds,”The inaugural Community Energy Congress will be an event that participants look back on as the moment community energy became a part of Australia’s energy mainstream. Join us for this important event and help us grow a vibrant community energy movement that benefits all Australians. I hope to see you on Monday.”
This Sunday is also Global Wind Day. To celebrate, the Coalition for Community Energy have joined with a number of other organisations to host a family picnic on the front lawns of Parliament House. Join us and be part of the national body of support for the renewable energy target. Sunday 15th June from 11am – 12.30pm. To find out more, click here.