C4CE helps coordinate member collaboration and knowledge sharing with the goal of creating a vibrant community energy sector and movement throughout Australia.
The big-picture benefit of becoming a member is being directly involved with creating the community energy sector. In this way more community energy projects, including yours, can succeed.
The more practical and immediate benefits of membership are being able to access technical and specialist knowledge with peers and service providers and build your networks in ways that benefit your community energy projects and priorities.
The benefits of becoming a Member of C4CE are:
- Participation in knowledge-sharing and capacity-building activities for community energy and C4CE facilitated collaboration across the sector
- Access to the C4CE online community
- Involvement in C4CE Strategic Initiatives and access to C4CE resources
- Joining with and supporting a growing and coordinated voice to better advocate for the needs of the sector and have greater influence on the development of the sector
There are five different categories of membership:
- Community Energy Group: Community energy groups, formal or informal, are working to develop renewable energy or energy efficiency projects in their communities. They are often characterised by volunteer effort, sharing profits or benefits with their community, democratic governance and purpose-led rather than profit-led initiatives.
- Civil Society Supporter: A non-government, not-for-profit organisation that is not a community energy group, where 50% or more of its profit/surplus funds its purpose.
- Government Supporter: Local, state or federal government, department or agency.
- Business Supporter: A for-profit enterprise that is not a community energy group, where 50% or more of its profit/surplus is distributed to owners/members.
- Individual Supporter: If you are on our mailing list, we consider you an individual supporter. Thank you and welcome to the community energy sector.