Small-Scale Community Solar Guide
The Coalition for Community Energy is proud to launch the second edition of the Small-Scale Community Solar Guide.
Download your copy of the guide here.
The Small-Scale Community Solar Guide has been updated with the support of the Victorian Government, specifically Sustainability Victoria by providing funding to update the Guide.
This Guide is perhaps one of the most useful resources available to community energy groups looking to develop their first project. The guide is filled with practical tips, case-studies and the key information you need to know to get started talking to potential host-sites.
The first version of the Small-scaled Community Solar Guide (originally called the Behind the Meter Solar Guide) was developed and launched in 2015 as part of the National Community Energy Strategy. Unfortunately, the Guide got lost in all the great content, so many community energy groups are unaware of its existence.
That’s why C4CE has prioritised revamping and re-releasing this great resource.
The Small-Scale Community Solar Guide includes:
- 10 case-studies of successful community solar models,
- An overview to the key technical, financial and legal factors that make small-scale projects the most successful approach to community energy in Australia so far,
- An introduction to a Common Legal Framework, showing how the different case-studies are similar and different legally and sign-posting the different types of legal agreements that you are likely to need,
- Tips for engaging with potential host-sites, and finally
- A decision tree that your group can work through to decide which approach you should take.
To find out more you can:
- Download the Guide here
- Watch the webinars below
C4CE would like to thank all the community energy groups that contributed to this guide, as well as Sustainability Victoria for providing the funding needed to update and get this Guide out into the world.
This is Version 2 of the Guide, we have no doubt there will be a Version 3, so if you have suggestions or tips for making the Guide even more useful please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
5 September 2017
Common Legal Framework & overview of existing templates
12 September 2017
Donation-based community solar – case studies
19 September 2017
Investment-based community solar – case studies
26 September 2017
21 September 2017 – Interview with Repower Shoalhaven